Sometimes things go wrong. To help us help you get things sorted out quickly we need as much information as possible.
MORE DETAIL PLEASE
The website’s not working 🙁
When I try to go to the about page it brings up an error message.
- I’m having trouble accessing this page: https://www.mysite.com/about/.
- I can view other pages on https://www.mysite.com ok.
- When I go that that url I get an error message saying ‘The requested URL was not found on this server.’
- I’m using Google Chrome on my Apple laptop.
- My IP address is 12.345.67.89.
Some of the things that help us troubleshoot are
The more information you can give us the better. Is it:
- A completely blank screen?
- An error message? if so what exactly is the error message?
- Something not looking quite right?
Please let us know if you’re having trouble with an entire website or just a single page. If so, send us the url to the page.
Check if you can view other pages on the same website ok.
If not, can you access other websites? Try loading google.com and refresh. If you can’t get that the problem’s likely at your end.
If it’s an access issue
Try and access the page from your phone with its wifi turned off so you’re not using the same network as your computer. If you can get it now your network’s IP address is probably being blocked.
Go back to your computer, Google ‘my ip’ and send it to us. It will look like this: 12.345.67.89. We’ll be able to check the website and server firewalls and should be able to unblock the address, and find out what’s caused the problem.
If it’s a ‘not looking right’ issue
Sometimes your browser stores information to make things load more quickly and you just need to clear this and try again. The process varies depending on your operating system and browser – try this website for Mac or Windows instructions.