From 25 May 2018 Australian businesses of any size may need to comply with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Your inbox has probably been flooded this past month with emails asking you to review updated privacy policies.
This is because from 25 May 2018 Australian businesses of any size may need to comply with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The GDPR aims to give EU citizens greater control over their personal data. If you have an office in the EU, your website targets or mentions customers or people in the EU or you track web users from the EU (using Google Analytics, for example) this probably applies to you.
What do I need to do and can you help?
We’re not lawyers and can’t determine if your business needs to comply with the GDPR…
…but we can help you:
- Set up a cookie consent form on your website
- Set up tools on your website to allow people to request a copy of, or to delete any data you hold on them
- Configure your analytics settings
- Make sure any website forms you have are GDPR-compliant
- Make sure your email marketing signup procedures are compliant and your subscribers can request a copy of or delete their data
- Consider anything else that may be affected by GDPR