- Why is Go4 changing systems?
- Why upgrade my site?
- What are the main differences?
- How much will it cost?
- How long will it take?
- If I upgrade what will the admin area of my website look like?
- I’d like a new design for my website. Can this be done at the same time as upgrading?
- I’d like my website to be able to do (insert functionality here). Can this be added at the same time as upgrading?
- What happens if I choose not to upgrade?
- Can I get a user manual for snapCMS?
- We actually changed systems at the end of 2007 but have been continuing to support our clients with older websites since then.
- With snapCMS it’s hard or not possible for us to do many of the things that the websites we build in 2011 need
- We no longer have staff with indepth knowledge of the system
- We want to offer our customers the best options for the future
- So your website can grow with you into the future
- So you can have more options
- So we can continue to work with you
- The administration areas are different
- Uploading images and files in simpler
- You can easily add galleries to any page or post
- You can edit both a page’s content and it’s title and other options in the same screen
- You can save drafts and come back to them later
- You can create private and/or password protected pages easily
- You get automatic saving of revisions as you compose – you can revert to earlier version if you make a mistake (or say the wrong thing about someone)
It depends on the size and features of your site, and if you’d like to make other changes at the same time – like updating your site’s design or adding new features (see more on this below).
We are offering existing customers a discount on upgrades. If you’re interested please complete this short form and we’ll get you a no-obligation quote.
We have a number of customers who’ve already requested upgrades and are expecting many more to do so. These will be happening on a first come first served basis. We can give you a better timeframe estimate if you decide to go ahead with an upgrade.
See this gallery for screenshots.
I’d like my website to be able to do [insert functionality here]. Can this be added at the same time as upgrading?
Probably. Let us know what you’re thinking and we’ll let you know and, if we can do it, get you a quote.
Don’t panic – your website will not shut down or stop working after 31st August 2010.
Longer term you have three options
1. Do nothing
Did we say this before? Your website will not shut down or stop working
However you need to be aware of the following:
- Go4 won’t be able to add any new features or modifications to your website
- We won’t be able to offer you support with using your website or content system
- As time goes on and new browsers are released we can’t guarantee that your site will continue to work or look the same as it does now
2. Talk to Snapfrozen
Snapfrozen (who used to be called Go4 Hosting) continue to work on custom development projects using this system. You can speak to them about updating or maintaining your website. They are a good option because:
- They are the creators of the snapCMS system
- They have lots of experience in php development and coding
- If you have a snapCMS site they probably already look after your web hosting
3. Find another developer
Of course you can always choose to use a different web developer. Naturally, we’d be sad to see you go, but if you do choose to change we will do everything we can to make the transition as easy as possible…
You can download it here.